Dairy Free Yogurt Starter Culture - 5 Litres
Regular price $12.90
Unit price per
Turn your choice of plant milk into fresh dairy-free yogurt. Just add your favourite nut or seed milk and follow the recipes provided.
Make 5 litres of your favorite non-dairy milk.
THIS YOGURT CULTURE CONTAINS:
- 5 sachets of starter culture
- 5 sachets of organic base
- 4 strains of dairy-free probiotic yogurt bacteria
- Plant-based yogurt recipes include coconut, almond, cashew, soy, and more.
Welcome to the only yogurt culture designed for dairy-free yogurt fermentation. These specific strains for culturing plant-based yogurts deliver more consistent and cost-effective results than probiotic tablets or capsules.
BUY MORE AND SAVE
We offer this yogurt starter culture in a 10-litre twin pack. It has a long shelf life and is more economic to buy click here.
How to make Dairy free yogurt?
We're here to help you make non-dairy yogurt as good as your favorite expensive brand from the supermarket.
- Each pack comes with a yogurt-making recipe guide
- Watch our videos above for how to use this plant-based starter
- Read our blogs on yogurt making - from temperatures to techniques
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to talk yogurt making
To make vegan yogurt at home, we recommend the following yoghurt making equipment:
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
- Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
What plant milks to use?
This yoghurt starter culture works with a range of plant-based milk to make:
- coconut milk yogurt
- almond milk yogurt
- soy yogurt
- oat milk yogurt
- cashew yogurt
The recipes share what to look for when buying plant milk for yogurt and how to make dairy free milk from scratch at home.
- Organic Rice Starch
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus
Allergens & storage
- No allergens - 100% dairy-free starter culture
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-12 months
Because this starter culture is made fresh here in NZ, each batch has a long shelf life. When you receive them, store them in the freezer.
Yoghurt was really runny - worked through a solution with Country Trading to fit my needs - great people to deal with.
Service was great, have not made yogurt yet but looking forward to the experience.
Yum yum plant base coconut yogurt.
Ordered this along with the yoghurt maker and thermometer. My first attempt at making coconut yoghurt wasn't 100% - my guess is it needed more blending. I used a whisk only. On my second attempt I used the stick blender and it came out much better. Also used a different brand of coconut cream so could also have been that too. This was the Fia Fia brand which was successful. Happy days.
Really happy to be able to make thick and creamy homemade coconut yoghurt.