This yoghurt culture is the one for those who like a seriously thick, mild flavoured yogurt. Perfect for smoothies, dips, cooking, and creamy breakfast pots.
THIS YOGURT CULTURE CONTAINS:
- 10 sachets of starter culture - each makes 1 litre of thick plain yoghurt
- live strains of traditional yoghurt culture bacteria, including Bulgarian
- easy instructions for making yogurt
MADE IN NZ
Culture Cupboard starters are made in NZ in small batches for maximum freshness. You'll notice the difference in results using fresh yogurt cultures.
HOW TO MAKE YOGHURT
We're here to help you make perfect yogurt in your kitchen.
- Follow our 4 easy steps on the back of the box
- Watch our videos above on how to make yogurt with this starter
- Read our blogs on yogurt making - from temperature to techniques
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to help
WHAT MILK TO USE?
Choose the milk that suits you. We're all different, and this starter culture works with a wide range of dairy milk including:
- Lactose-Free dairy milk
- A2 milk
- Trim and Calci-Trim
- Blue top - homogenised milk
- Whole milk and even cream
- Raw milk, Cow, goat, sheep milk
- It even works with UHT and powdered milk
To make dairy-free yogurts choose our Plant-Based Yogurt Starter
To make a tangy flavoured dairy yogurt choose our Probiotic Yogurt Starter
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
DO YOU SAVE MONEY?
We often get asked - is making yogurt at home cheaper than buying it? This yogurt starter culture and good milk will give you a making cost of around $4.40 per kilo.
Store-bought yogurts range from $5.50 to a whopping $16.00 per kilo. So yes it is worth making your own - plus you control the ingredients and remove large plastic yogurt pots from your weekly waste.
- GMO-free Maltodextrin
- Streptococcus Thermophilus,
- Lactobacillus Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus
ALLERGENS & STORAGE
- Allergen: Milk
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-10 months