Probiotic Yogurt Starter Culture - 10 Litres
Regular price $14.90
Unit price per
Making yogurt at home is a healthy decision and cost-effective. You control the ingredients and remove large plastic yogurt pots from your weekly waste. Eat well, save money and the planet!
THIS YOGURT CULTURE CONTAINS:
• 10 sachets of starter culture - each makes 1 litre of live yogurt
• 4 strains of live yogurt bacteria including probiotics
It makes a tangy flavored plain natural yogurt. One tablespoon of this yogurt contains over 20 billion live probiotics, about the same as 7 probiotic capsules.*
MADE IN NZ
Culture Cupboard starters are made in NZ in small batches for maximum live culture counts. Customers rave about the difference in results using fresh cultures.
*Based on accredited laboratory testing and comparison with standard 3 billion count capsules.
BUY MORE AND SAVE
We offer this yogurt starter culture in a 20-litre twin pack. It has a long shelf life and is more economic to buy click here.
HOW TO MAKE YOGHURT
We're here to help you make perfect yogurt in your kitchen.
- Follow our 4 easy steps on the back of the box
- Watch our videos above on how to make yogurt with this starter
- Read our blogs on yogurt making - from temperature to techniques
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to help
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
- Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
WHAT MILK TO USE?
Choose the milk that suits you. We're all different, and this starter culture works with a wide range of dairy milk including:
- Lactose-Free dairy milk
- A2 milk
- Trim and Calci-Trim
- Blue top - homogenised milk
- Whole milk and even cream
- Raw milk, Cow, goat, sheep milk
- It even works with UHT and powdered milk
To make dairy-free yogurts choose our Plant-Based Yogurt Starter
To make mild flavoured dairy yogurts choose our Thick & Creamy Yogurt Starter
- GMO-free Maltodextrin
- Streptococcus Thermophilus,
- Lactobacillus acidophilus,
- Lactobacillus Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus
ALLERGENS & STORAGE
- Allergen: Milk
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-12 months
Because they're made fresh here in NZ, each batch has a long shelf life. When you receive them, store them in the freezer.
I have bought a lot off you in the past. Toys, trees etc etc so I’ve always told friends about your company. You deliver on time and the quality of your products is superb. Thank you
Worked perfectly but suggest adding 2 spoons of milk powder if you want a thicker yogurt.
Just made my first batch of yoghurt yesterday. It came out very well, despite my not having the temperatures quite right. Thick, creamy, and delicious with honey and blueberries 🫐.
First time making yoghurt and it came out great
Easy to follow instructions, yoghurt making made easy.