Want to make fermented foods like Sauerkraut and Kimchi but are a bit unsure? Our vegetable fermentation kit is perfect for those looking to learn to make homemade naturally fermented pickles – safely and cost-effectively.
The Easy Fermentation Starter Kit Contains:
- 4 Glass Fermentation Weights
- 4 Airlock Fermentation Lids
- 4 Stainless Steel Bands
- 100 pH Strips
- 42 Page complete colour recipe book
The lids and weights work with a wide range of wide-mouth mason jars. We sell 1-litre and 2-litre jars. Choose your jars and make small to large batches of your favourite fermented pickles.
What recipes are in the kit?
Our fermentation kit recipe book has a list of fermented food recipes for making naturally pickled foods, including:
- Fiery Fermented Hot Sauce
- Fermented Mustard
- Easy Kimchi Recipe and variations
- Gochujang kimchi sauce
- Traditional Sauerkraut Recipe
- Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
- Carrot and Cauliflower Pickles
- Fermented green beans
- Fermented cucumber dill pickles
The Vegetable Fermentation recipe book in the kit also includes a chapter on equipment for fermentation explaining anaerobic fermentation airlock lids, sauerkraut jars as fermentation crocks, and glass fermenting weights.
Fermented foods for gut health like homemade Kimchi and Sauerkraut are good for you. Making Kimchi and Sauerkraut using lactic acid fermentation to ferment cabbage is a simple and natural food preservation technique (and it tastes great, too!).
What Jars do The Fermentation Lids Fit?
There are many types of glass jars used for preserving and food storage.
These fermentation airlock lids fit:
- wide mouth mason jars which have an 86 mm wide opening
- brands include Ball, Kilner, AGEE SPECIAL, Bortoli
- sizes include 250ml, 500ml, 1 litre, and 2 litre
See our range of jars here.
These lids do not fit:
- regular mouth mason jars which have a smaller opening
- AGEE Utility and AGEE Improved Utility jars which have a non-standard thread unique to NZ
NOTE: They will fit AGEE Utility jars if you use a green preserving band that fits the AGEE Utility thread.