Probiotic Yogurt Starter Culture - 20 Litres
Regular price $24.95
Unit price per
Making yogurt at home is a healthy decision and cost-effective. You control the ingredients and remove large plastic yogurt pots from your weekly waste. Eat well, save money and the planet!
Our Twin Pack is even more economical to buy. It has a long shelf life and makes 20 litres of Yogurt.
THIS YOGURT CULTURE SET CONTAINS:
• 2 x 10 sachets of starter culture - each makes 1 litre of live yogurt
• 4 strains of live yogurt bacteria including probiotics
It makes a tangy flavored plain natural yogurt. One tablespoon of this yogurt contains over 20 billion live probiotics, about the same as 7 probiotic capsules.*
MADE IN NZ
Culture Cupboard starters are made in NZ in small batches for maximum live culture counts. Customers rave about the difference in results using fresh cultures.
*Based on accredited laboratory testing and comparison with standard 3 billion count capsules.
How to make Yogurt?
We're here to help you make perfect yogurt in your kitchen.
- Follow our 4 easy steps on the back of the box
- Watch our videos above on how to make yogurt with this starter
- Read our blogs on yogurt making - from temperature to techniques
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to help
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
- Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
What milk to use?
Choose the milk that suits you. We're all different, and this starter culture works with a wide range of dairy milk including:
- Lactose-Free dairy milk
- A2 milk
- Trim and Calci-Trim
- Blue top - homogenised milk
- Whole milk and even cream
- Raw milk, cow, goat, sheep milk
- It even works with UHT and powdered milk
To make dairy-free yogurts choose our Plant-Based Yogurt Starter
To make mild flavoured dairy yogurts choose our Thick & Creamy Yogurt Starter
- GMO-free Maltodextrin
- Streptococcus Thermophilus,
- Lactobacillus acidophilus,
- Lactobacillus Delbrueckii Subsp. Bulgaricus
Allergens & Storage
- Allergen: Milk
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-12 months
Because they're made fresh here in NZ, each batch has a long shelf life. When you receive them, store them in the freezer.
Have made 2 batches of dairy yoghurt since receiving my yoghurt kit and am very happy to recommend these products! Can't wait to try a batch of dairy-free yoghurt and love the taste and smooth texture of the dairy yoghurt. Thank you for an excellent product!
Making my yogurt in my favorite style according to my own need. It's easy and healthy . Thanks Country Trading. I will certainly continue to order your Yoghurt Culture.
I’ve been making yogurt for over a year now and won’t go back, kids love it, hubby loves it! So much more cost effective in the long run, can get 3-4 batches per packet if we consume more frequent and get about 2lt s per batch. I used standard 3lt milk, awesome culture sets every time love that it has the temperature instructions on the back and love the new cheesecloth!
Made my yoghurt the other day. Wow it’s so good, wish I had discovered it sooner. Thanks Country Trading. I’ll definitely be ordering more Yoghurt Culture 😋
Nice mild yoghurt flavour. Easy to follow instructions. Successful first batch