Dairy Free Yogurt Starter Culture - 10 Litres
Regular price $20.49
Unit price per
If you are already familiar with our dairy-free yogurt you may want to buy the double pack of our Yogurt culture. It is more economical and it has a long shelf life.
Make 10 litres of your favourite non-dairy milk and follow the recipes provided.
THIS YOGURT CULTURE CONTAINS:
- 10 sachets of starter culture
- 10 sachets of organic base
- 4 strains of dairy-free probiotic yogurt bacteria
- Plant-based yogurt recipes include coconut, almond, cashew, soy, and more.
Welcome to the only yoghurt culture designed for dairy-free yoghurt fermentation. These specific strains for culturing plant-based yogurts deliver more consistent and cost-effective results than probiotic tablets or capsules.
MADE IN NZ
Culture Cupboard starters are made in NZ in small batches for maximum live culture counts.
How to make Dairy free yogurt?
We're here to help you make non-dairy yogurt as good as your favorite expensive brand from the supermarket.
- Each pack comes with a yogurt-making recipe guide
- Watch our videos above for how to use this plant-based starter
- Read our blogs on yogurt making - from temperatures to techniques
- Email us your questions - we're always happy to talk yogurt making
To make vegan yogurt at home, we recommend the following yoghurt making equipment:
- A Kitchen Thermometer is essential for making consistent yogurt
- A Yogurt Maker. We recommend the Stainless Steel Yogurt Maker
- Cotton Cheesecloth for straining Greek Yogurt.
What plant milks to use?
This yoghurt starter culture works with a range of plant-based milk to make:
- coconut milk yogurt
- almond milk yogurt
- soy yogurt
- oat milk yogurt
- cashew yogurt
The recipes share what to look for when buying plant milk for yogurt and how to make dairy free milk from scratch at home.
- Organic Rice Starch
- Streptococcus thermophilus
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus
Allergens & storage
- No allergens - 100% dairy-free starter culture
- Store in the freezer
- Shelf life 8-12 months
Because this starter culture is made fresh here in NZ, each batch has a long shelf life. When you receive them, store them in the freezer.
I was really disappointed that I couldn't enjoy yogurt due to my lactose intolerance. However, my sadness turned to joy when I discovered a plant-based yogurt starter. Using soy milk as a substitute, I made a batch of yogurt that not only suited my taste preferences but also turned out incredibly delicious. What's more, my first attempt at making it was a success! I did experiment with commercial oat milk, but unfortunately, it didn't quite work out. Nonetheless, I'm determined to give it another shot by adding a cup of oats in my next attempt.
Good service but I felt the delivery price was a bit expensive, I have have sent larger packages for half that price!
great product and awesome service
This is the only plant based yoghurt maker starter pack that I have found that works it is easy it tastes great and has created a wonderful breakfast
I have tried for many years to make coconut yoghurt with pretty sad outcomes, but last night I made my first batch of coconut yoghurt with this product and it is amazing. Thick, creamy and tastes delicious! It was very easy to follow the instructions and not time consuming at all. I was really happy to have a product that isn't full of other fillers and sugars. I will be buying this regularly now very happy.