These packs of 4 silicone fermentation airlock lids and stainless steel bands are perfect for keeping lacto-fermented pickles and drinks under an airlock during fermentation and storage. As pressure builds up gas pushes out the top of the spout without letting air in.
Each lid comes with a stainless steel screw band that fit wide-mouth glass preserving jars. These large 2 litre jars are great for use with these airlocks for making sauerkraut or brewing water kefir. They also fit these 1-litre glass jars for smaller batch fermenting.
Perfect for Making Kefir, Kimchi, Sauerkraut and other lactic vegetable ferments. Use together with our glass fermentation weights or buy our Easy Fermentation Starter Kit.
Made from FDA-approved, food-grade silicone and stainless steel the lids can be washed in the dishwasher and reused.
What Jars do These Lids Fit?
There are many types of glass jars used for preserving and food storage.
These fermentation airlock lids fit:
- wide mouth mason jars which have an 86 mm wide opening
- brands include Ball, Kilner, AGEE SPECIAL, Bortoli
- sizes include 250ml, 500ml, 1 litre, and 2 litre
See our range of jars here.
These lids do not fit:
- regular mouth mason jars which have a smaller opening
- AGEE Utility and AGEE Improved Utility jars which have a non-standard thread unique to NZ
NOTE: They will fit AGEE Utility jars if you use a green preserving band that fits the AGEE Utility thread.